February 5, 2012

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Last weekend we drove up to Chicago with plans to visit my brother and his family and to go to the city for the Chinese New Year Parade.   We did make it to my brother, UB's, house Saturday afternoon.  We had a great visit.  We went to Ree Ree's soccer game, and we shared laughs over some Chinese carry-out.

Sadly the weather did not cooperate for Sunday.  The wind and the cold was too much for standing outside on the streets of Chicago for a parade.  Thankfully we chose not to go because Nugget had a fever and cold later that day.

We did have some fun moments:
On Friday night we stopped for dinner.  Nugget had not had a nap that day.
He was too tired for food.  He is sound asleep on Daddy's arm.  
After a four hour car ride Nugget was up and ready to check out the hotel.

I could not get him to sit still for a picture.

He kept focusing on one thing...

...the escalator.
This was Nugget's first ride on an escalator.  He had such a good time, we rode the
escalator four times.

The next morning we moved slow.  We were up late and it was rough sharing a bed with the lil' bed hog.  This was the first trip without the pack-n-play.  It's going to take some getting used to ~ for all of us.

Snack of cereal and a movie to start the day.

Of course we never leave home without Bear-Bear.

At the complex where we went to Ree Ree's game there was an arcade.
Nugget LOVED the car game ~ shocking isn't is?!?!

I'm sad we didn't make it to the parade, but we had a great weekend get-away none-the-less.


  1. That escalator photo is hilarious.

    He is just some gorgeous.

  2. LOL! Love the blurry pics! If I had a nickle for every blurry picture I delete! Cannot imagine the busyness when we get Nugget and Hannah together!!

    The escalator pic is adorable. Glad N was able to enjoy it to it's fullest!

    Sorry about the parade. Hopefully next year!

  3. Fun! I took the twins to the mall the other day specifically to ride the escalator. I had nothing else planned and had nothing to buy. So, I parked the stroller at the bottom and we rode it for at least 30 minutes. Up and down and up and down...

    It's the little things. :)