June 27, 2010
June 14, 2010
Zac is14 months old today!! It is hard to believe that on Wednesday Zac will have been in our arms for one month. It’s also hard to believe that we have been home from
That may be a wish, but it also makes me so happy to see him grow and develop. I can’t believe how quickly he has learned so many things. When we first met Zac he couldn’t feed himself, hold a sippy cup, or crawl, but now he can do all of those things and more!
Growth & Development
- Height 31.5 inches
- Weight 24.8 pounds
- Crawls easily on any surface
- Moves to a sitting position easily
- Pulls himself up to a standing position using furniture or other stationary object
- Sidesteps around table while holding on
- Walks while holding onto someone’s fingers.
- Wears 18month clothing. Some 12month shorts will work, but 12month pants are too short.
Playtime & Toys
- Loves anything with lights, bright colors and music. His favorite toys are the popping ball game and Play, Learn, Drive by VTech
- Favorite game is to bang two objects together ~ any two things will do
- LOVES balls! Last week Zac learned to toss a ball. He LOVES it! When Zac plays catch he just giggles and laughs.
- Zac will have NOTHING to do with stuffed animals of any sort! No interest. Not even a very cute Riding Polar Bear up in his room. When we try to put him on the polar bear he does this flying superman impression so he won’t have to touch it.
Naps & Sleeping
- Zac sleeps 10-12 hours a night in his crib, in his room.
- Ryan or I sit in the chair in his room until he falls asleep. Some nights are easy, some nights he fights sleep.
- Zac sleeps with the blanket we sent him in a care package when he was in
. There is a silky border and before falling asleep Zac pulls the blanket until he has a corner in his left hand. He then sucks his left thumb. With his right hand he rubs the silky border either between his fingers or on his cheek. China
- Zac takes a two – three hour nap every day. We are still working on getting a schedule for naps. Some days he will take two short naps and other days he’ll take a long three hour nap around noon. What ever works I guess.
- If Zac ‘power’ naps forget about any other napping. When he falls asleep in the car, he will not go back to sleep once we are home. He will be up for another two hours at least.
- Zac loves to eat, but is a very picky eater.
- When he is HUNGRY he will only eat his favorite things, and I have to feed him fast. He doesn’t like to try new things when he is really hungry, he spits them back and begins to cry.
- Zac can eat small crackers easily. It’s not always pretty, but he will eat most of a cracker successfully. When we first met him Zac couldn’t eat anything on his own.
- He drinks a bottle once or twice a day. We had to switch to whole milk a couple of days ago. The American formula was making him spit up after every bottle. He never did that on the Chinese formula. He doesn’t get sick on regular milk.
- Zac’s favorite foods right now are: eggs, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, bananas, crackers, broccoli, potatoes, peas
- Sometimes he will eat pasta, chicken, oatmeal, carrots, and zucchini. These things I have to be sure to disguise, for example he will only eat the chicken if I mix it with some baked potato. I can never feed him these food first if he is really hungry. He has to start with one of his favorites.
- Zac does not like cottage cheese. He literally gags when I’ve tried to give it to him. He also does not like peaches or watermelon. Spits them out every time!
- Zac sucks his thumb. He prefers to suck his left thumb, but will be satisfied if he can get to the right one. When we first came home he was stressed and sucked his little thumb so much he caused a sore and a bump on it. Thankfully that has cleared up.
- Zac enjoys the dogs ~ from a distance. When we are holding him the dogs make him laugh, when he is down on the floor and they come near he is ok, but will only touch Tucker.
time is always a huge hit!!! Zac loves to splash around in the bathtub. The only bath toys that interest him are the stacking cups we had in Bath . Rubber ducks, a swimming turtle, floating fish are left to float around all alone. China
- Zac does not like the feel of grass. When he is first put in the grass he tries to avoid it by spreading his legs WAY out to the side. If that doesn’t work he walks on his heels. It’s too cute!!
June 9, 2010
June 4, 2010
After breakfast Zac and I play for a while in the playroom. We have so much fun. I took this video because I am so proud of how his crawling has improved in just three short weeks. When we first met Zac he could barely get up on his knees. Now he is crawling all over the house.