Here are a few highlights from the last few weeks:
· Nugget is 19months old already. I looked up at him this morning while he was eating breakfast, and saw a little boy sitting there. It startled me. He is growing and changing every day. I wish time could slow down just a bit for a while. I don’t want to blink and suddenly he is in kindergarten.
· The reality of how fast time really does fly happened the other day while I was talking to my nephew, J. I couldn’t believe it when he told me he was going to get his driving permit in five months. Really?!?! This was just after our conversation of how Nugget and I go over to Maemae and Papa’s house every Wednesday just like J and I used to. Time didn’t go this fast when I was little!
· Nugget is our little Linus. His favorite comfort is a blue blanket we bought for him to take to day care. The blanket has been home all week, and every time Nugget spies it he wants the blanket. He does the cutest little wiggle dance and gets the biggest smile while I reach in his crib for the blanket. I need to find another one of these blankets to keep at home.
· The blanket has been home this week because we’ve had some issues with the day care that Nugget is attending. It is nothing major, just small things that when added all up make Mama and Papa Bear very unhappy. Nugget is safe at the day care just not attended to as we would like. We’ve had a talk with the director, so hopefully things will improve. Nugget’s grandmas are going to keep him a couple days a week. Most weeks Nugget will only go to school two and a half - three days a week. That in alone makes me feel better. I worry about the grandmas though because Nugget is such a ball of energy; but no one will care for Nugget like someone who loves him.
· Nugget goes through strange eating patterns. This week we can’t seem to fill him up. Nugget is eating everything under the sun. The week before I was happy to get any food in him. I am pretty sure this is normal. Should I limit his food intake when he is like this or let him eat? He does seem to know when he is full. Even if it is in the middle of a bite. Suddenly he will decide that he doesn’t want anymore and he even takes the food he is chewing out of his mouth. Fun Stuff!
· This year Big Bear and I will not being heading to Chicago for Thanksgiving. This is the first year in quite a while that we won’t be spending the weekend with my brother and his family. I am more sad than I thought I would be over this.
· On the other hand, I am extremely thankful that for the first time in an extremely long time we are entering the holiday season and I am looking forward to it! The last few years all I wanted to do was curl up under a blanket and make the holidays go away. This year we have the greatest lil’ man to be thankful for. It took a long time for Nugget to arrive, but by golly he is worth every second we had to wait! What a Thanksgiving this will be!!