When I do I will post some of the cookies that I am going to make this year.
I did do some baking on Saturday for Ryan to take to work today.
Every year I make spiced nuts for Christmas. They are a huge hit on both sides of the family. This year Big Bear was looking for a gift he could bring to clients for a little holiday gift. I offered to make some spiced nuts ~ silly me. I didn't realize he had so many people he needed to give a little gift to.
Once I got in the rhythm it was an easy task, just time consuming. I baked eight pounds of nuts on Saturday night.
Oooooo.... the house smelled so good.
Here is the recipe. You'll love them, if you like those cinnamon nuts they sell at carnivals and in some malls. These are better, if I do say so myself.
1 Tblspn. water
1 egg white
3/4 cup sugar
1 pound whole pecan halves.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
1. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl
2. Beat the egg white with the water until frothy.
3. Add the nuts to the egg white mixture. Stir gently.
4. Sprinkle the Sugar mixture over the nuts. Stir gently.
5. Pour nuts onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.