October 22, 2008

Sevens Tag

I haven't completed a meme in a LONG time, but here goes. Monica over at Duplings, Three tagged me for this one.


Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. It all happens in 2’s. I find myself addicted to the number two. When I’m at the grocery store I usually buy items in twos; two cans of soup, two cartons of eggs, two packages of spinach, whatever. Now not EVERYTHING, but if we use it and I can justify it I am much happier if I can get it in twos. I NEVER purchase anything in an odd number – EVER. It doesn’t only happen at the grocery store I’m afraid. Case in point: My dogs always came in pairs.

Kaeliegh was a single, but she is a sheltie like the girls were, and she is a mini-me of the boys. It works! If only we would have qualified for twins – our agency requires one stay at home parent.

2. No More Make-up! I have given up make-up and boy is it freeing! I wear a tad bit of eyeliner and mascara and that is it. In the summer while I’m not teaching I hardly ever wear make-up. I must be maturing because I have now started to not wear it at school and NO ONE said a word! I HATE the feeling of make-up on my face. I have tried everything from Prescriptive to Neutrogena. By the end of a school day I couldn’t wait to wash it all off. Now I save money, save time, and my face feels like MY face all day!

3. EVERYTHING Has a Place. The kids at school tease me all of the time because I have to have ALL things put in its place or I feel so out of whack.

This my desk every morning when I walk in the door. The folder contains papers a sub may need. At the end of every period it is as close to this as possible. It just makes my life easier. Our house is like this for the most part too. I have had to give in a bit because I do live with someone else. I have loosened up a touch, I had to or I would have gone insane. :)

4. No Purse for This Girl. I don’t carry a purse. I haven’t carried a purse for almost two years now. I have them. I used to have a LOT of them. I used to only carry Coach or Dooney, now nada! I have a small wallet that fits in a pocket. If it doesn’t fit in a pocket, I don’t need it. I don’t know what I am going to do when I have to carry a diaper bag – I guess carry a diaper bag. I just haven’t found one I want to carry, not that I’ve really looked yet.

5. Ovo-vegetarian ~ That’s Me!! Here is the Definition: Ovo-vegetarian refers to people who do not eat meat or dairy products but do eat eggs. Many people are ovo-vegetarians because they are lactose-intolerant. The prefix "ovo" comes from the Latin word for egg. I have not given up dairy because I’m lactose intolerant. I have given up dairy because I like it too much! I have an all or nothing personality. I don’t know why, but if I say I can’t - I won’t. I rarely ate meat to begin with. I do NOT miss eating meat, I haven’t eaten meat in two years. I do miss cheese, and I do miss Ben and Jerry, but I feel better. I am not going to say that I haven’t had any dairy, I have. I do try to limit it to special occasions. :) Oh! I do soy proteins and nuts. I do eat protein sources, just not of the flesh variety.

6. Burt Is My Buddy! I never leave home without him. On Sunday I thought I forgot Burt at home. I was bummed and wondered how I was going to get Big Bear to stop at Kroger so I could get one. Then I found another tube hiding in a sweater I had in the car. Have to have Burt!

7. iTunes Junkie! I play music ALL of the time. If someone threatened to take away my ipod the fight would be on. I need my ipod. That being said, I am almost ashamed to admit the amount of deniro I was spending at iTunes. Several months ago BB suggested I get a $25 gift card every month and limit myself to that. I agreed, because when he showed me the credit card – oh mama!!! Now if only it was the beginning of the month already!!!! Is there an iTunes Anonymous?

Now the hard part. I am supposed to tag seven people. I have seen this go around so I am not sure if you have already completed it. So! If you have read all of this, haven't completed one, and REALLY want to ~ you it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment