November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Feasting Begins

Today Big Bear's family is having their Thanksgiving celebration. My mother-in-law plans it this way so that everyone can be there, and then on Thanksgiving we don't have to eat two meals. Also this way Big Bear and I can head north to Chicago for Thanksgiving with my brothers and not worry about how to divide the time.

This morning I was up early. Why is it on school days it kills me to hear the alarm at 4:15, but now that I'm off I wake up without it at 4:13? Anyway, I got up and made my first pumpkin pie of the season. I usually make a couple of pies over the Thanksgiving holiday, but this year we have reservations for dinner so I won't be making pies. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that yet. This will be the first year since I have been baking the pies for Thanksgiving that I won't be baking a pecan pie.

Hmmmmmmm... Hadn't thought about that one.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to spending the week with family. I wish I could say with confidence that this will absolutely, positively be the last Thanksgiving without Polar Cub, but after last week nothing is certain. I will continue to hope, dream, and pray that she'll be here next year to eat her first piece of pumpkin pie!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm........that looks amazing!

    I hate that you even have to wonder if this will be your last Thanksgiving without Polar Cub. It HAS to be. Good grief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY....
    you are always making wonderful things..
    And this is your last Thanksgiving without little one..
    Hugs..
    have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!

    This WILL be the LAST Thanksgiving and Christmas without polar cub! Keep your chin up and look ahead to the next year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Thanksgiving festivities!
    Next year you WILL be celebrating with your little cub!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pie looks soooooooooo yummy!!! I think you should post the recipe!! Maybe on your other blog!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...you're the most amazing cook!! What a lucky family to be getting some of your homemade pumpkin pie! If you ship, I'll happily help you out with your pecan pie challenge. :o)

    Praying next year Polar Cub is perched at the table next to you and she is your greatest reason to be thankful next year!!!

    love you friend! xo

    ReplyDelete