April 2, 2010

A Four Letter Word ~ WAIT

This has been a week of incredible highs, and deflating lows. If someone had told me that the wait would get more difficult, I would not have believed them. After four years I thought I had been through all of the highs and lows of waiting. Nope! The lows get deeper as we get closer.

I was sucked in and I let myself get excited that this would be the week we would finally see Polar Cub’s picture. Big Bear and I planned our days ‘in case’ we got the call. I talked and planned with friends. My students came in every passing period wanting to know if I had any news. Friends stopped by my classroom searching for news. The texts and emails throughout the day were so fun and encouraging! It was exciting!

I should have known better. You’d think that I would have learned by now NOTHING ever goes as planned with this wait ~

N – O – T – H – I – N – G!!!

The rumors aren’t great for next week, but then again they are just rumors.

Yesterday I was ok with having to wait until maybe next week.
Today is not so ok.
Tomorrow ~ who knows?!? I do know that nothing has really changed…

…the wait continues!



17 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. It is so heart wrenching. RQ is never right with this stuff, so don't get too depressed. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. This sucks.
    Let's say that this is the last low before the Big Hill that is this adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Another 4 letter word from Hannah and I (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is bad. Treat yourself kindly this weekend...the wait from referral to her in your arms is worse! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. Can't find words to comfort you. You're in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. drunk...well thats a 5 letter word but it might help until your referral arrives....you are on spring break right...just drink like a sorority girl:)

    Hope that gave you a smile at least. Big hugs...just know that there are lots of us all huddled around you waiting to see your polar cub too.

    xo
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that's 4 letters but what I really want to say also has 4 letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree I thought the end would be easier but it is waaaaaayyyyyyy harder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to remind you of this post: http://addingasister.blogspot.com/2009/04/still-waiting-with-no-end-in-site.html

    2 days later the stork landed. Your stork is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like T said...your stork is coming. We are all waiting with you with baited breath. Hold tight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this torture!! sweet torture now, but still torture nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg!!! i just saw RQ!!! is polar cub here at last????!!!! coming out of my SKIN with excitement!!!!!!!!

    i'm like, shaking and everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. referrals arriving......referrals arriving.....referrals arriving.....referrals arriving.....OMG

    ReplyDelete
  14. CAN-BARELY-BREATHE!!!!! An agency is reporting their referrals have arrived!!! Goosebumps all over out of excitement for you! Heart racing!

    Cannot wait to hear your amazing news!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my refresh button has never gotten this kind of use before!!

    ReplyDelete